Skip to main content

God is Good, Holy and Mighty

Bishop Juray said this: "Faith makes sense with a good God." It makes sense because who would be at ease to trust in a God who has moodswings, whose standard of right and wrong is relative, and who could be making bad decisions?

Can you imagine what if our God is not good? You wouldn't know when it's the best time to pray and talk to Him... You will always be tiptoeing around God's feelings because He may be having a bad day and you wouldn't want to be the recipient of His wrath simply because He is in no mood to dispense His blessings. You also wouldn't know how He will answer your prayers because He may be showing favoritism to the other person and He is partial to evil and wrongdoings...


But fortunately, for us, we have a good God and it is because of this goodness that we know for a fact that no matter how screwed up our decisions may be (because we have freewill, our decisions may not always be right and pleasing in His eyes), He will still accomplish it for the good in the end.

And because He is holy, we can sleep soundly at night knowing that by tomorrow, what is right will remain right in His eyes, and because He is just, there will be justice for all evil doings by the end of the day.

Lately, I notice lately how less worried I am being because I trust that God has my life in His hands and I know that I am trusting a God who is good, holy and mighty. It's so important to remember this especially when it's so easy to lose sight of those attributes and allow the enemy to sow lies in our minds.

There are days when insecurities, doubts and worries set in... like these past few days. Insecurities that span from "I'm not pretty enough..." (kamusta naman, hindi pa pala ako graduate dito! :P), "I don't have enough savings" (just this morning, that dawned on me) and "I am not yet competent and skilled for my age."...

... But when I start focusing on His Word, being reminded of His characteristics, I know that I will be fine because He has me in His good and mighty hands. (Metrobank tagline 2.0 haha!)

So I'd like to share the following attributes of God. I'd like to thank L412 for this section :P
  • God is omnipotent
    • He has all power (Jeremiah 32:17)
  • God is immutable
    • He never changes (Malachi 3:6)
  • God is holy
    • He is absolutely pure and untouched by evil (Isaiah 6:3)
  • God is truthful
    • He cannot lie (Titus 1:2)
  • God is love
    • He manifest His love in acts of kindness (John 3:16)
  • God is transcendent 
    • He is above and beyond His creation and exists independent of it (Isaiah 55:8-9)
  • God is immanent
    • He is within His creation (Acts 17:28)
  • God is omnipresent
    • He is everywhere at the same time (Psalm 139:7,8)
So when you start to worry, fear and lose heart -- I pray that you will also be encouraged by these truths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.