Skip to main content

Eat Street (1/2)

Just as the name implies, Eat Street is a stretch of gustatory delights that range from the streetfood crunchy belly to  the Italian classic cannoli (no this is not the pasta we eat at Amici, which was my initial thought! :P).


Bettina was gracious enough to tag me along to this event 2 Fridays ago and what ensued was a cycle of eating, sitting and taking photos of the food and the scene.




I must say that it was a new experience going to Makati with a different goal in mind. Instead of the usual work day routine (2 of my previous jobs were just walking distance from this street), my mind was racing with the food I cannot wait to get my hands on that day.

Here are my favorites:

Pepi Cubano
One second it was the usual bun sandwich, the next they hand you a flattened bread with juicy meat inside. What doesn't looked like much at first turned out to be one of our favorites! These Cubanos are flavorful and filling. You just want to keep eating and eating. no wonder they are already doing deliveries around the Metro to satisfy the Pepi Cubano cravings of their now growing following. 





Serbesa Manila

We have a thing for friendly crews and the team of Serbesa Manila doesn't only know how to greet you with a sweet smile, but they will also take you a little further into what they are selling.

Aside from the beer selection which these guys are known for, they also have pica-picas to boot. 

Habanero and lime kamote fries with pico de gallo and raita

Takao
My heart goes pitty pat whenever kare-kare is around, so top this off with alamang  and you've got yourselves a winner, ladies and gentlemen. I can't wait to try their dinakdakan, which is also a great partner of hot piping rice. Pinoy flavors with a twist, check!


Dinakdakan, & Kare kareng bagnet

Inasalan
When I asked what is their specialty, the girl behind the counter said "lahat (all)"... and I must say that this is one of the best inasalan I have tasted... The secret is in the marinate, I bet, because even without the soy sauce and pepper, it's already tasty as it is! This is making my mouth water just writing this down. lol!




Crunchy Belly by Carlo's Kitchen
I want a kilo of this to-go please. These are like extra crunchy bacon that you just want to keep popping into your mouth all day long. Scary for your body yet delicious in your tummy.


Were those photos enough to make your mouth water? More yummy photos on the next post! :) Thanks to the organizers of Eat Street for making this happen! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.