Skip to main content

Charge!

With more than 10,000 leaders and interns, the 2016 Discipleship Conference took place at MOA Arena last Saturday.






It was more than just an encouraging sight, it's a powerful picture of how everyone came together to worship Jesus and heed the call to make disciples.

A wise leader will tell the same story all over again: Make disciples of all nations. This is Jesus' call to every follower and we are charged to charge to every nation with this mission.

Andami diba?

The level of excellence in the execution and the amount of energy in the room that day could only be attributed to the One who is the giver and breather of ALL things! I was so touched in the truth that each person in that room was moved by Jesus in a personal and unique way. Jesus didn't  pick one way to reveal Himself to the 10,000 people, but He chose to reveal Himself in a way that made every walk unique and powerful... That is how amazing our God is! 





The most striking thing to me was when Pastor Steve came up on stage and talked about Acts 1:8.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Acts 1:8

The Greek word for power is "dunamis" which means dynamite. When we fish for people, we usually pray for one or two people to come to know the Lord but this was a reminder of the picture that Jesus had in mind when He talked about the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not just talking about getting one or two people to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus, we are talking about hundreds and even thousands of people! That's how powerful the Holy Spirit is! And that is how much power we can tap into if we only allow the Holy Spirit to use us! 

Another eye opener for me was when he talked about the meaning of being a "witness"... Being a witness means to be a martyr. Big word! Yes! But this is God's call to us as His followers... to not just testify but to testify to the point of death. Are we willing to be a martyr for the gospel? We usually want the power of the Holy Spirit to have a good religious experience, but how many of us would pray for that power to be upon us so that we can die to ourselves every day?

Boom diba! Tamaan na ang matamaan! Haha! This year I am believing God for my own victory group, and I pray that God will continuously empower me to make that happen and remind me that this call is not easy but it is worth it, because it is for His glory.


Photo Credits:
Bu Buenazedacruz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.