Skip to main content

Foodie Faves: Dulcelin Gourmet

Home of the delicious mango torte, Dulcelin Gourmet has an extensive menu that will not only satisfy your sweet cravings but also your love for home-cooked meals.

We celebrated my sister's birthday last Thursday and everything we ordered was pretty good! And the great thing about this place? ...Is it's reasonable price -- making this restaurant a place worth going back to :) 



Hickory Smoked Pork Ribs (P295)
We loved how tender this one is, and see that brown crisp on top of the rice? That's lechon skin :P Yuuuum!

"Dry rubbed, hickory smoked, grilled and smothered with our tangy barbecue sauce. Served with our unique lechon skin and garlic friend rice."



Chicken Relleno (Single - P250; To Share - P400)
Much liked the classic embutido, the chicken, chorizo, raisins and cheese stuffing was perfectly paired with Dulcelin's gravy and corn rice :)

"One of Dulcelin's bestsellers. Boneless chicken stuffed with pork, chorizo, etc."



Chocolate Decadent Cake (P120)
Bitter-sweet delight that ends up light to the mouth.  It's not as heavy as I thought it would be, in short, the fluffy texture was just the right touch to an otherwise gluttonous treat :)



Mango Torte P140
Okay, I really don't have words for this but LOVE! I had my sister order another slice even before the first one was finished! Mango torte monster! The crust's nougat-ty and nutty texture balances the frozen mango which melts in your mouth with a little crunch :)

PS. We also had their Spicy Chorizo Pasta (red-sauced pasta in chili oil and ground chorizo, at P295) & their Pan Fried White Fish (marinated in buttermilk with porcini cream sauce, at P250) :) 

We already dug in before I took photos, sorry! If you're not a fan of spicy food though, suggest you stay away from the chorizo pasta, but since I love spicy food, that was one of my favorites :)




There you have it! It was a good dining experience and I can't wait to try Dulcelin's other delicious dishes :)


Click here for other reviews:


Dulcelin Gourmet
UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave. Q.C. 
955-2306
http://www.dulcelin.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

La Creperie Boheme: Where Sweet & Savory Meet

When I came in La Creperie Boheme to have my brunch fix two Saturdays ago, I was quick to smile at the table of yuppies who smiled at my direction. I thought they were friends with Christine, the co-owner of this lovely resto, so I armed myself with an easy smile that seemed a little awkward at first, but was nonetheless sincere. That was the first sign that this was going to be a different-sort of dining experience. :)

A Day with a Make Up Artist

You may see me as a kikay girl, but I am practically clueless as far as make up is concerned. I have always been fascinated with people who can do eye make up. How I wish I could do those smokey eyes without looking like raccoon and without finishing off all the dark-colored eye shadows. So lo and behold, a few weeks ago, I was able to watch how make up artists spring into action as they take out their palettes to create a masterpiece with the face as their canvas. And I kid you not, they seriously have palettes--like painter-kind of palettes :)