Skip to main content

Foodie Faves: Dulcelin Gourmet

Home of the delicious mango torte, Dulcelin Gourmet has an extensive menu that will not only satisfy your sweet cravings but also your love for home-cooked meals.

We celebrated my sister's birthday last Thursday and everything we ordered was pretty good! And the great thing about this place? ...Is it's reasonable price -- making this restaurant a place worth going back to :) 



Hickory Smoked Pork Ribs (P295)
We loved how tender this one is, and see that brown crisp on top of the rice? That's lechon skin :P Yuuuum!

"Dry rubbed, hickory smoked, grilled and smothered with our tangy barbecue sauce. Served with our unique lechon skin and garlic friend rice."



Chicken Relleno (Single - P250; To Share - P400)
Much liked the classic embutido, the chicken, chorizo, raisins and cheese stuffing was perfectly paired with Dulcelin's gravy and corn rice :)

"One of Dulcelin's bestsellers. Boneless chicken stuffed with pork, chorizo, etc."



Chocolate Decadent Cake (P120)
Bitter-sweet delight that ends up light to the mouth.  It's not as heavy as I thought it would be, in short, the fluffy texture was just the right touch to an otherwise gluttonous treat :)



Mango Torte P140
Okay, I really don't have words for this but LOVE! I had my sister order another slice even before the first one was finished! Mango torte monster! The crust's nougat-ty and nutty texture balances the frozen mango which melts in your mouth with a little crunch :)

PS. We also had their Spicy Chorizo Pasta (red-sauced pasta in chili oil and ground chorizo, at P295) & their Pan Fried White Fish (marinated in buttermilk with porcini cream sauce, at P250) :) 

We already dug in before I took photos, sorry! If you're not a fan of spicy food though, suggest you stay away from the chorizo pasta, but since I love spicy food, that was one of my favorites :)




There you have it! It was a good dining experience and I can't wait to try Dulcelin's other delicious dishes :)


Click here for other reviews:


Dulcelin Gourmet
UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave. Q.C. 
955-2306
http://www.dulcelin.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.