Skip to main content

Foodie Fave: Simply Thai

Gone are the days when our energetic selves would be awake til dawn.

Hitting our mid-20s means this: late night episodes would have us yawning by 11pm and Saturdays will be bumped off by Sunday brunches and early dinner catch ups on weekdays. :)

For all the mid-20s in the house, can you relate? Lol!

Is it just us? Whether this is a sign of aging or just a phase that we will soon get over with, there's beauty in the quiet stillness of Sundays and the ho-hum of Makati that doesn't look like it at all on a weekday.

So it was set: drop by Rosa Clara for our friend's wedding gown fitting, then have late lunch at Simply Thai in Greenbelt 5. :)







"Authentic Southeast Asian flavours passionately prepared as vivid and dynamic as the colours of Thailand, each dish here at Simply Thai is a treat and adventure for the senses." - Simply Thai

Appetizer first: Thai Fresh Rolls (240) - glass noodles rolled with fresh vegetables and shrimps



Green Chicken Curry (P360) - generous serving! Simply Thai has an array of curries but this is one of their specialties! A must-try with their jasmine rice!




Tom Yum Kung (P510) - this is a little bit watery but I like its taste - sweet, spicy and sour with just the right balance. They serve this on a metal burner to make sure that the soup is well heated all throughout :)

Steamed whole Seabass in Lime Garlic Sauce (P800/kg) - This is my top choice! I'm used to having my steamed fish with tao-si (chinese-style), so this is my first time to try it with this sauce and it's goooood :) Definitely worth the price because of the seabass' firm and fresh meat :)


With Ponggy, Mhe and Kimmy (decade-old friends!)


These guys have listed down their specialties on their FB page: 

"Thai mouth watering salads such as the Yam Som oh (Pomelo salad with chicken and prawn), Krabi Salad (seafood in lime-coconut dressing), Crispy Cat Fish Salad, Laab Gai and Laab Moo (chicken or pork salad respectively) and the Som Tam (green papaya salad).

Traditional Thai Curries such as Green chicken curry, Gai Mangosteen curry, Yawarat duck curry, Lamb Shank Massaman, Pork Tamarind, Pork Pineapple and Aromatic Prawn Curry.

Stir fries such to fire up your appetites such as Chicken Cashew, Chicken Pandan, Thai Beef Rendang, Patbung with crispy pork and more.

Delightful rice and noodles such as Pad Thai, Khao Kluk Kapi, Pineapple rice, Pad Siew, Khao Pad Moo and Khao Pad Gai, and Khao Soi."


Simply Thai
G/F Greenbelt 5, Legaspi St
Legazpi Village, Makati
(02) 729-0860


You might also like:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.