Skip to main content

It's time to vote in!

Elections are but less than a month away! Have you decided who you're voting for? Well, neither have I. Yikes! I am hardly a politically aware person, and sad to say, I consider myself quite apathetic about the whole thing. :(

But Philippines is getting better... and I am pretty excited with what God has in store for the country. Like the most recent development that Philippines has gained an investment grade rating, which would beckon  investors and tourists alike! This is great news for our economy and lets keep 'em coming by electing good, honest and competent leaders in the senate. At No, wala po akong kamag-anak sa mga tatakbo kaya isinulat ko ang post na ito. :D



I just remembered that there was this list at the Walkway during Holy Week that listed down all these characteristics in which we could compare against those running for office.



I had to smile with the good looks. :P Bakit po nandyan yan??! Haha! But you get the idea, first you rank which ones are the top 4 characteristics you look for in a leader, then assess each candidate.

The interesting thing about this activity is that, if you can see, it has a duplicate just right above it... but instead of the heading "Things I Hope to See In a Leader", it says "Things I Hope to See in Myself." Pretty neat right?

I think it's a good way to start with ourselves before we start "judging" each candidate because then it's tougher to just see the flaws and complain because it puts us in a position to assess ourselves first :). 3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. (Matthew 7:3-5)

Here's a good site in getting to know the candidates: http://www.ivoteph.com/

And with that, since I don't want to end this post with "Vote wisely" I'll just say....

"Go Philippines!" :P
You might also like:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.