Skip to main content

Still

Do you still love me?
You asked
I blinked
Opened my mouth to say, of course
But my heart stopped me.

Do you still love me?
You repeated
I swallowed the lump in my throat
And asked myself
Have I forgotten You my King?
Have I replaced You with other things?

I closed my eyes
Held back the tears
And imagined myself sitting at Your feet

I miss you, my Lord
I miss the place where I met you
The place where it was just me and You
The place where I can answer you without a doubt 
That yes, I still love You

As guilt and shame flood my heart
I took a step back
But before I can even take another step
You say
You're forgiven, my child.

Then You held my hand
Lifted my face
And showed me the cross.

The cross made me pour out the tears 
I was trying to hold back
Then You held my face
Wiped away my tears

Then You said with the gentlest voice
As if to silence the doubt that has been filling my mind
Yes, my child, I still love you
I never stopped loving you.

And as I felt the tug in my heart
Bringing back the grace and love 
from where it all started

I smiled
Forgiven, redeemed
Filled with hope
I opened my mouth and said
Yes, Lord
I love You too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.