Skip to main content

Devo Series: This I Promise


Connect

When I was a little kid, my parents promised that we will stay in a nice hotel as a family and I was so excited as I waited on the fulfillment of that promise. Days and weeks passed, and no matter how much my parents really wanted to fulfill that promise, they just couldn’t find a common schedule to make that short trip a reality.



I felt sad and I remember being disappointed but it was at that time that I realized this truth: A person’s promise will sometimes be broken no matter how sincere our intentions and how much effort we put into fulfilling that promise. (no hugot intended! lol!) 

Why? because we, as people, are limited. Also, there are circumstances and factors that are not within our control that will hamper us fulfilling every single promise we give.

But not so with God’s promise – His promises are set in stone. When He says something, He guarantees that it will come to pass, because He is God.



Word

If we were in the shoes of the disciples, what could we be thinking during those 3 days when Jesus’ body was in the tomb? Would we be like doubting Tomas or would we have held on to His words that He is the Messiah and that He will come back for us?

But Jesus fulfilled His promise and He came back for His disciples:

When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
Luke 24:50-53

Highlights
  • God's promise is sealed with a hope that never fails
The Bible is filled with the wonderful promises of God. It is so comforting to know that even at times when we don’t know what’s going to happen or when life throws us into a whirlwind of questions and confusion, we can rest on His Word to fulfill His promises in our lives.

Knowing that His promises is grounded on this infallible hope should give us comfort and confidence that He will accomplish His good and best purposes at the end of the day, no matter how bleak the situation we find ourselves in.

  • God’s promise comes with grace and power
When Jesus ascended, He promised us that the Holy Spirit will be with us until the very end of the age as our Helper, Comforter, Spirit of Truth:

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
John 14:26

God doesn’t leave us empty-handed because with the commission he gave us, he also gave us the power and grace to run with it.

  
Thoughts  
  • What problems or challenges are you facing today?
  • What promises of God do you need to remind yourself and hold on to when trials come?
  • Pray for at least 2 people in your life to know more and have a deeper experience of the Holy Spirit as their Helper, Comforter and Spirit of Truth.


Photo Credits: https://pixabay.com/p-1634197/?no_redirect


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.