Skip to main content

What to Wear on a Hike (from a feeling-pro)

Aside from slathering ourselves with a good amount of sunblock (evenly please, which I keep forgetting for my past 2 climbs waaaah) and bringing x liters of water, wearing the right gear is important if you're going on a hike soon.


Here's a quick checklist for a sunny climb like Mt. Talamitam or Mt Batulao:



Dri-fit tops and pants, sunglasses, cap, hiking bag, hiking shoes, non-slip socks & sports bra

For really cool climb like Mt. Pulag, layering is key and your clothes have to be as close to the skin as possible to avoid becoming Mrs. Freeze:

Sports bra, Heat-tech tops and pants,leggings, jacket, gloves, bonnet and scarf

Here are a few suggested pieces for you, I have listed down both splurge and save options to fit your budget.

SPORTS BRA
SAVE: Bench sports bra, Php 329

SPLURGE: Nike Sports bra, Php 1895



HIKING SHOES
SAVE: Sandugo Sandals, Php 675


SPLURGE: Merrell Moab Edge Waterproof, Php 4995

BAG


SAVE: Racini Mountaineering Backpack Php 1300


SPLURGE: Deuter bag, Php 5490


CAP

SAVE: Hype MNL Cap, Php 349

SPLURGE: Adidas Originals Cap, Php 1195


PANTS
SAVE: Women's Sport Pants, Php 619

SPLURGE: Under armour Heat gear pants, Php 1733


There you have it! Just click on the photos if you want to check out any of the items above. Happy prepping and climbing!


Photo Credits:
https://lerablog.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HIking-Gear.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/66/c7/a3/66c7a31ba4ef4a1319fbff79aaa8ce9a.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

La Creperie Boheme: Where Sweet & Savory Meet

When I came in La Creperie Boheme to have my brunch fix two Saturdays ago, I was quick to smile at the table of yuppies who smiled at my direction. I thought they were friends with Christine, the co-owner of this lovely resto, so I armed myself with an easy smile that seemed a little awkward at first, but was nonetheless sincere. That was the first sign that this was going to be a different-sort of dining experience. :)

A Day with a Make Up Artist

You may see me as a kikay girl, but I am practically clueless as far as make up is concerned. I have always been fascinated with people who can do eye make up. How I wish I could do those smokey eyes without looking like raccoon and without finishing off all the dark-colored eye shadows. So lo and behold, a few weeks ago, I was able to watch how make up artists spring into action as they take out their palettes to create a masterpiece with the face as their canvas. And I kid you not, they seriously have palettes--like painter-kind of palettes :)