Skip to main content

Mt. Batulao Hike

Two Saturdays ago, we went up Mt. Batulao for a day hike. We were praying for good weather because it has been consistently pouring for days. So as a semi-newbie group of hikers, we knew it would be more challenging to take on muddy and slippery trails so we were hoping that the skies would clear that day.

Thank God that it did!

Of course, I am now typing this with uneven tanned lines (sumobrang clear naman ata ng skies haha) but my sunblock-lathering skills were more to blame than the sun. (I'll post tips on what to wear and what to bring on the next post)

Quick Deets
Jump-off point: Evercrest Golf Course, Nasugbu
LLA: 14.0408 N 120.8011 E 811 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 1 day / 2-4 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 4/9
Trail class 3 with 60-70 degrees assault
Features: Open trails, rolling slopes, scenic views of Batangas







Climbed Mt. Batulao with this crew

Schedule Rundown
2:30am Meet at Mcdo Quezon Ave
3:00am ETD Manila
5:30am Quick Brekky/Stopover in Tagaytay
6:00am ETA Jump Off Point, Evercrest Golf Course
6:30am Start Hike
1:45pm Finish Hike

I've been told that the hike was only supposed to take 4 hours, whoops! But we had several rest stops and we stopped for quick snacks/pantawid gutom around lunchtime so there's that -- and not to mention, take photos in between. So after lunch na kami nakabalik :D







We got Adventours for this, for only P550 per head, that was already inclusive of van transfer and mountain registration.

Mt. Batulao is one of the popular mountains because it is friendly enough for beginners so many people flock to this place to hike. Since we went on a weekend, there are a lot of people with us. So better go on a weekday if you'd like a more intimate time with nature.








What it was actually like most of the time.


What I hoped it look like all throughout :P Online life is 10% reality, guys!





I think the great thing about hikes is really the views you get to see on your way to the peak. It's also a good exercise for your lungs as you take in the fresh air, and your legs too because those rope segments and gigantic rocks are crazy!


Awra photos! haha!












There are restrooms offered by the locals upon descent, P25 for bath (inclusive of 2 tubs of water, yes meh ganun!) and P5 for peeing. There are also sari sari stores there offering snacks and since we were starving by the time we finished the hike, we hung out at the sari sari store for a bit after taking a shower to wolf down hotdogs and isaw! Yummm!!!

It was tiring but fun so we're planning another hike soon! Where to next? :) Suggestions are welcome! Just comment away!

Photo Credits:
Kathy Cua

Randy Santos

References:
Pinoy Mountaineer



You might also like:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.