Skip to main content

Things that Matter

In elementary, Science taught us that matter is anything that occupies space.


Somehow it only hit me just now how totally apt that definition is when it comes to everything in our lives.

Anything that matters must be the thing that occupies our time, mind, money and energy...

Just last weekend, I shared to my friends how I feel like I have overdone this whole friendship thing.

Say whut?

Yep, that really is as weird as it sounds.

I have different set of friends and there are days when I wonder whether I am too old to have that many friends!!! (Odb feeling madaming friends!) Gone are the days when I can stay awake for hours after midnight. These days I would already be yawning by 10pm and wanting to call it a night because I am just too tired and all I want is to sleep.

But it's weird because I can spend hours looking at pictures in IG and yet, I haven't replied to my best friend's viber almost a week ago.

I can watch The Legal Wife after work, and yet just spend 10 minutes doing my Quiet time before I go to sleep.

I can spend on clothes and travel but think twice and cringe on the health card price of my parents.

Somehow I have pinned it down that the things that I truly value in life are these three things: Faith in God, real relationships with people, and honesty in all aspects of life.

...But looking at my activities says otherwise.

I look at my three identified values above and assess it with what the Bible says, and tama naman! 

Faith in God
First commandment: "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deut. 6:5

Real relationships with people
"The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Matthew 22:37
"Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church." 

Honesty in all aspects of life
"He commanded them: "Carry out your duties with respect for the LORD, with honesty, and with pure motives." 2 Chronicles 19:9

These are all there! And yet, my actions are not reflected on these things...

Sigh. I hope and pray that God will help me do things with the intention to fulfill all those things above.

Maybe I don't have that MANY friends pala, maybe I just spend a lot of time looking at strangers' feeds on Instagram who are not even acquaintance level!

Hmm.

Science taught us that matter is anything that occupies space.

Faith teaches us the same thing, but redefines this "space" as  God's heart.

Things that truly matter is anything that occupies God's heart.

And as a follower of God, these are the things that should also occupy MY time, money and energy...

PS. The Legal Wife is on, and I almost didn't finish this post because I want to sneak a look whether Adrian and Monica finally saw each other after two yeaaars!

See?? People are easily distracted! Haha! Tsktsktsk!

*Cue to reread the line above: Things that truly matter is anything that occupies God's heart. FOCUUUS! *

:)

Photo Credit:
http://www.teachengineering.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.