Skip to main content

Glam Life

Do you guys know Mikka Padua? My friend Belle told me about her (as she worked with her before) and how perfectly Ms. Padua epitomizes the word GLAM. While the name did sound familiar, I really had no idea on who she was.

So I did as Belle told me, I checked Mikka's blog... and true enough, she is indeed the glamorous gal she described. She is happily married with a kid, but her fashion sense and style is so spot on, and even the way she writes so classy, that it's like a welcoming breeze that ushers in all the good vibes in the city. On top of being a mom and a wife, she also designs bags, travels, gives fashion advice...




It's all pretty cool and I do enjoy reading about her life, although when I think about it and ask myself whether I want to be like her, the answer is not really -- I don't really aspire to be a glam girl myself. Yes, I love shoes, clothes and traveling, but I just feel like it's a bit tiring to maintain that kind of lifestyle?

But I guess that's just it, that kind of lifestyle fits them because that's their personality. While they're most comfortable in wearing the classic LBD with sky high heels, gold clutch and a handful of arm candy on their way to an exclusive wine night with the A-List people in Metro, I am most comfortable in a sleeveless top, cardigan, skinny jeans and doll shoes on my way to a movie night with my closest friends.

Although on the other side of the spectrum is this question, am I living too close to home, too close to just-enough that I have completely forgotten that I CAN ACTUALLY live just like them? Hmmm... I will probably go as far with that question as the traveling bit is concerned because that is just me, traveling is something I truly love to do. I remember when I was a kid, Australia and Europe were in my dream list, then fast forward to 10 years and I seemed to have completely forgotten about these two much-farther continents and have resorted to just setting my eyes on Asia.

Who says I can't go to Europe??! Right?

So I think it's a good idea to surround ourselves with people who are enjoying the best of life because it does widen your perspective and it reminds you that IT is possible. And I do like dressing up from time to time and my entire family knows how I enjoy shopping. Just don't take the simplest pleasures in life for granted, in my case -- food carts and tiangge shopping :)

PS. Speaking of the simple pleasures in life, I am cooking something for SMFW's first birthday this Feb, and it's all about taking good care and pampering yourself! I'm super excited about it! More about that soon! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.