Skip to main content

Her Birthing Story (through the eyes of the daddy)


Hiiii! Isa na kong ganap na ina! :D I haven't posted for awhile because alam nyo naman, motherhood.. lol! Our little bachuy, Sophia Zayn, is turning 2 months this Sunday, ambilis! Here she is! What a cutieeee! Syempre anak ko yan!

 




But before that cuteness came into this world, we were in for an adventure -- every trimester while I was pregnant, I was on bedrest so it wasn't the smoothest pregnancy... and the worst happened just right before Christmas, Christmas Eve to be exact. 

With Covid-19 on the rise and making us all panic and worried, I thought it would be fitting to share what happened to us on my 8-month of being pregnant and hope this encourages you!

For this one, my husband, Dennis would tell you guys what happened and how that was the scariest moment we had as a couple... 

Hubby, pasok!

Dec 23 last year, my wife Joy asked me a personal question, "kamusta kayo ni God?" And after she asked me this question, it took me 30 seconds bago ako nakasagot, kasi honestly that whole month of December, I was overwhelmed by the things na nangyari in my life... then I started answering her with tears in my eyes saying, “I can't feel God anymore, it feels like I’m too far from God…” Humahagulgol nako nun kasi alam ko sa sarili ko na ayaw ko mawala si God sa buhay ko.

So Joy prayed for me that night and then at around 1am when Joy went to the CR para umihi, she wakes me up saying “baby, may watery discharge ako, medyo madami.” True enough, when we checked the heartbeat of the baby, sobrang bilis nya than normal and pinagpapawisan na si joy nun kasi pala nagcocontractions na siya.

8 months palang si baby Sophia nun so nagpunta kami sa OB nang madaling araw para macheck siya and si baby. Then after checking her, our OB suggested Joy to be admitted.. We were like, “Lord, pasko ngayon... baka pwede palipasin mo muna…”

But she was still admitted nang madaling araw ng Dec 24. Labas pasok ang mga nurses and doctors nun dahil kailangan siya imonitor maya’t maya.

Then Dec 24 at around 10am, when the OB performed internal exam kay joy, there was intense bleeding.. Seeing the face of the OB, clearly saying without any words that she is a little bit worried for Joy to deliver the baby pre-maturely and that the baby is not yet ready and she will most likely not survive outside the womb given her weight and told us na wag muna ngayon baka hindi kayanin ni baby.

That was the scariest feeling ever.

Me myself trying to be strong, Joy was in a panic mode, she was chilling in fear and started crying. I feel so numb kasi alam ko at that moment wala ako magagawa. I started praying but no words were coming out of my mouth.. I told everything to my leader and he told me to play a worship song and I did.. holding the hand of Joy, I started crying to God.. repenting for being prideful.. seeking God with my tears, God comforted me and assured me with his word that He would send people to help me hear from him again and who would pray for us.

Dec 25 – To our surprise, when the OB checked Joy the next morning, she told us that we can go home already. I was shocked kasi akala namin aabutin kami dun nang bagong taon! But after checking the ultrasound, the results were good and Baby Sophia is safe – it was like someone is protecting her inside. The bleeding and the contractions stopped within 24 hours!



Why am I sharing this? My point is in the midst of trouble God is in control... he is a way maker, miracle worker and a promise keeper. He will never leave nor forsake us. He will give light in our darkness, that is who we are worshiping now that is who JESUS IS.



“But I will never stop loving him nor fail to keep my promise to him. No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back a single word I said.”

Psalms 89:33-34 NLT


In the midst of feeling natin God has forsaken us or tinalikuran na tayo ni God or feeling natin God doesn't hear us anymore -- in reality, it is not God.. it is us who build those walls in our hearts, wall of success, wall of achievements, wall of victory, wall of pain, disappointment, heart break, wall of expectation that makes our hearts calloused because we are so selfish na ang gusto lang natin marinig ay ang mga sarili natin..

In that battle, I learned something! It is God who breaks every wall that I put in my heart. It is God who makes a way for me to hear from him again.. I did nothing but to surrender and let him do the work... 

So let us surrender our hearts to God and allow Him to make a miracle out of our lives...


“If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer! Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you. Then your face will brighten with innocence. You will be strong and free of fear. You will forget your misery; it will be like water flowing away. Your life will be brighter than the noonday. Even darkness will be as bright as morning. Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.”

Job 11:13-18 NLT
If those chubby, wriggly toes are not miracles, I don't know what is! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.