Skip to main content

Read Faves: Found


Been so excited when I found out that Isa Garcia published her first book! I was a semi-stalker of her blog when she still had one and her words just resonate to you long after you read them because these are words filled with meaning, hope and truth.


Written as letters about God, friends, love and the hard parts of life -- the letters and the beautiful postcard inserts are meant to encourage and uplift, like the postcard below: 


Here are two of my favorite lines:

But the best love is the lamb-to-the-slaughter kind of love. It's the most vulnerable, the most real. It's the groom who waits as his bride throws profanities at his face. She charges towards him -- red hot rage running through her veins -- but he does not balk. He receives her with grace that is grand in its goodness. He holds her as she hits him; he says "I do," anyway.


Love is not the feeling that other people told us about.
Love is fierce and love is fearless. 
Love is not afraid to take risks. 
It does not count the cost. It holds no measuring stick against the infinite. 
It does not compromise. 
It is relentless and passionate and big.
 Love does not hesitate to give because love is not self-entitled. 
It does not stop to think about what it deserves because love lays down all its rights. 
It will concede to the possibility of getting trampled on. 
But even then, it will persist.


Letters on Life, Love and God by Isa Garcia is available for P555 in all OMF Literature and Passages bookshops nationwide, PCBS, National Bookstore branches, and online at www.passagesbooks.com.
Share this:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.