Skip to main content

Toi La, Joy!

Here's the part 2 of the Hanoi series! Hoping you will be blessed!

Sept 28
Wed
12:52PM

So many things have been happening here… a couple of days ago, the team had their Victory Weekend. There were 5 participants which was a stark contrast from the usual 80+ people we used to have in Manila, and yet it was not so much about the number  that made it a different kind of experience but the heart and hunger of these 5 people for God!

We teared up more than once as we pray and minister to them…there was even one point when we cried first before the participants! Nauna pa tlga kaming umiyak! Haha! But we were so touched because we felt God’s heart for the people here… It reminds you of that first encounter you had with Jesus!

There is no such thing as language barrier when the Spirit of God moves… When God reveals Himself to His people, He penetrates and goes straight to their hearts and minds.

There are more than a few times when we are amazed on just how the leaders understood the gospel. That was one of our worries, the language barrier… how do we explain grace, faith and power to them? How do we say and translate these intangible things to them without watering down what it means?

But when God equips us, He equips us with power.

When the Spirit of God moves, the gospel is unstoppable.

Just open your mouth and let the words flow, just lay your hands on them and let the Spirit of God do its work. It’s not about our adequacy, fluency and skills that will transform people. It will be because of Jesus and His all-powerful nature.

Thank you Jesus because it is with your might and power that these things are happening in Hanoi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

La Creperie Boheme: Where Sweet & Savory Meet

When I came in La Creperie Boheme to have my brunch fix two Saturdays ago, I was quick to smile at the table of yuppies who smiled at my direction. I thought they were friends with Christine, the co-owner of this lovely resto, so I armed myself with an easy smile that seemed a little awkward at first, but was nonetheless sincere. That was the first sign that this was going to be a different-sort of dining experience. :)

A Day with a Make Up Artist

You may see me as a kikay girl, but I am practically clueless as far as make up is concerned. I have always been fascinated with people who can do eye make up. How I wish I could do those smokey eyes without looking like raccoon and without finishing off all the dark-colored eye shadows. So lo and behold, a few weeks ago, I was able to watch how make up artists spring into action as they take out their palettes to create a masterpiece with the face as their canvas. And I kid you not, they seriously have palettes--like painter-kind of palettes :)