Skip to main content

Toi La, Joy!

Here's the part 2 of the Hanoi series! Hoping you will be blessed!

Sept 28
Wed
12:52PM

So many things have been happening here… a couple of days ago, the team had their Victory Weekend. There were 5 participants which was a stark contrast from the usual 80+ people we used to have in Manila, and yet it was not so much about the number  that made it a different kind of experience but the heart and hunger of these 5 people for God!

We teared up more than once as we pray and minister to them…there was even one point when we cried first before the participants! Nauna pa tlga kaming umiyak! Haha! But we were so touched because we felt God’s heart for the people here… It reminds you of that first encounter you had with Jesus!

There is no such thing as language barrier when the Spirit of God moves… When God reveals Himself to His people, He penetrates and goes straight to their hearts and minds.

There are more than a few times when we are amazed on just how the leaders understood the gospel. That was one of our worries, the language barrier… how do we explain grace, faith and power to them? How do we say and translate these intangible things to them without watering down what it means?

But when God equips us, He equips us with power.

When the Spirit of God moves, the gospel is unstoppable.

Just open your mouth and let the words flow, just lay your hands on them and let the Spirit of God do its work. It’s not about our adequacy, fluency and skills that will transform people. It will be because of Jesus and His all-powerful nature.

Thank you Jesus because it is with your might and power that these things are happening in Hanoi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.