Skip to main content

Gratefulness never goes out of style

Hello everyone!

Good morning! So many events are happening left and right because it's Christmastime! This is my favorite time of the year -- something about the cool air, twinkling lights everywhere and the smell of delicious food we've grown to love just make me feel giddy like a child.

A few of our regular events at church are on break  so we can spend more time with our loved one but we're also cooking a couple of more events just before the year ends. I've been sick for days now, so with my hoarse voice and 2-minute interval coughing, I do my best to be at my 100% at the ministry. I woke up today, feeling better so praise God! Hopefully tomorrow, I will really be at my 100% health!

This past week, the theme has been gratefulness. Thanksgiving to God for everything He has given us and for the people around us who made their presence in our lives a blessing.



We did this activity at our Christmas get-together wherein we gave out 5 stickers to every volunteer in the room and told them to stick it to the 5 people they want to thank. And it's amazing the amount of good vibes that resulted from this activity! Imagine to be in a room full of grateful people, encouraging and appreciating one another. It's a simple yet powerful activity. If you have an upcoming event with a rather large crowd, you may want to give that a try ;)

Spot the colored stickers on our shirts!


By the end of it, many, including myself, realized that the 5 stickers weren't enough!  I look around the room of people with colorful stickers on their clothes and even their faces! (it's kind of funny actually). People were smiling because being the giver and the recipient of thank yous just enlarges one's heart.

Looking back this past year, I can see that I have so many blessings in my life... but as cliche as this sounds, being with God especially at this moment in my life takes the top spot. For Him, I am most grateful for being so loving and good to redeem me to be in the running for His perfect, pleasing and good will. There are so many more things to thank Him for though which will all just be bonuses! So thank you, God!

Luke 17:11-19 (ESV)
Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers
11 On the way to Jerusalem he was passing along between Samaria and Galilee. 12 And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers,who stood at a distance 13 and lifted up their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.” 14 When he saw them he said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went they were cleansed. 15 Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; 16 and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks. Now he was a Samaritan. 17 Then Jesus answered, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? 18 Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 And he said to him, “Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.