Skip to main content

Boring?! NooooooO!

Energy levels have dropped at this side of the world. Bow.

I sometimes wonder whether I have turned into a boring bloke... more than once it happened -- a friend tells me a story and all I get to say in return was, "ahh... tlga?" And we all know how engaging that reply is!!! There are even times when I don't even say anything, I just hmmm as if to acknowledge her that I heard her!

Oh geeez! It's not that I am not interested, because I am... but sometimes I just really don't know what to say in return! What has happened to me??!! I feel so boring! I don't want to be boring! I want to be the girl who knows what to say, with animated facial expressions, the girl who engages someone into an easy conversation...



I shared this to a friend, and she was somewhat surprised and said how in our group, I was one of the girls who has overlapping circle of friends.. Yes, I was that girl before... and yet years after, I find myself with no words to utter at the other end of the conversation.

I know that conversations should just be natural... smooth... flowing. But then I also know that for those people who don't have this forte (apparently I'm already a part of this group! Whoops!), there is such a thing such as an art of conversation --- and just like any skill, it is something that is developed. Whew!

So my assignment is to start talking, hang around a bit more, listen, share my own stories... I noticed that lately, maybe this is a sign of aging, but I rather like being on my own... No problem having a healthy sense of security (enjoying your own company deserves a thumbs up alright) but in what I do, I really need to start building relationships.

So it's that extra push for me to engage and really share my life with the people around me. I'm content with my old friends and old cliques, but I think for this season, God is teaching me to let the conversation flow like a pro! haha! Not because it's what is expected of me but because Jesus is a relational being, He shares his life with his disciples by eating with them, spending time with them, teaching them many things! I am also not a fan of small talks, I like genuine conversations that really aims to get to know the others... So I guess to truly be a not-boring person, you just have to care enough?

I don't know how to end this post, hehe! Just want to share my sentiments lately :D I'll check back soon and update you guys on how I'm faring in the relationship department!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.