Skip to main content

Thoughts: Unfulfilled Lists

Sometimes it's easy to just merely react to everything that goes our way, that things stop being intentional. And it is these series of reactions that leave you to find yourself that it's already Friday, then it's already the month after, then before you know it, the year is already halfway through... and the things that you were hoping for and those that you have penned as goals at the start of the year... are still that-- GOALS.

I met up with an old friend and we started going through this material at church and I asked her to write down things that she was believing for - for the year. My list which I wrote months ago was tucked in between the pages of my Bible so I just held on to it while she drafts hers.

I haven't seen my list for awhile but upon running my eyes over the words I wrote, it is kind of discouraging to find that only 1 out of the 6 things there could be considered as done, or on its way to being completed. I also realized just how seemingly selfish the things I wrote there was. Yep there's a house and a car mentioned in that list.

I started to feel guilty and shameful... have I completely lost track of this list??? And are these the things that I really should be praying for???

What happened??? SIGH. In fact, I was so embarrassed that I didn't show my list to my friend for fear of not being a good example. Whoops. I just tucked it back into my Bible and prayed.

Maybe it's normal, I sure hope so. Lol! That's why these words by Isa Garcia really stuck with me: "When you think that nothing is happening, everything is happening". Reading that was so comforting when guilt, shame and worry start to set in.

It is the same as saying that God is sovereign. He is in control.

It sure doesn't feel like it but I have to trust that in these not-so-okay moments, something is being stirred, changed and brewed to be on its a-okay state.

It's like that weaving analogy, when you look at the back of a woven cloth, it looks so messy... it's hard to see the pattern, but there's a beautiful outcome just waiting to be finished.... 

We have to trust that when we don't see anything happening, God is working in our lives. No matter how messed up or totally far things turned out to be from how we pictured it by this time of the year, there's always something good to hope for, because our God is good.

I will struggle with this list of mine. I probably have to take out some items and change them with something else... or realize that some had to take a backseat because it is not yet its time to be fulfilled.

But while I know that I need to wrestle with this list... the more important thing to remember is this: God has my life in His hands, and because of that, I can be at peace knowing that He is working in me, as well as in everything around me. :)

"Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going. You may not be where you need to be, but, thank God, you are not where you used to be. You are making progress!" -  Joyce Meyer

Comments

  1. "In these not-so-okay moments, something is being stirred, changed and brewed." - I like that. Kinda puts everything in perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.