Skip to main content

Biyahe ni Drew & Iya

(Belated) Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

How was the hearts day for you? I hope that attached or unattached, you were able to celebrate the day with your loved ones <3

In my previous post, I posted a song from the Drew and Iya wedding video and said that I will note my favorite lines from their wedding vows on my next post. If you haven't seen the video yet, here it is. Then scroll down for some snippets from their wedding vows that really took the awwww-level several notches higher:





Freeeeeeeeeeee!
Drew: "Super energetic host, Buwis-buhay dancer, world class performer, they'll see, theyll see... But know this, on this journey I will hold your hand, I will always be there. Don't be afraid to follow your dreams and all the sacrifices I will bear..."

Drew: "Honey, I promise to give you the freedom to be the successful girl that you are destined to be."

Iya: "Today marks the start of what I know will be a happier life with you, a life of freedom and adventure."

They mentioned freedom quite a few times in their vows which is interesting, because some view marriage to be all ball-and-chains that stifle two people from doing what they want in life. But these two mentioned this word a few times, maybe because as much as being in a relationship entails adjustments and constant give-and-take, it should really be more freeing for two individuals.

It's a place and a season in your life when you grow to be more comfortable and more open with your vulnerabilities. Someone is witnessing you and your life on a daily basis, and as scary as that may be at first, there should be an amazing level of comfort and intimacy to go with that -- the assurance that someone will be there for you no matter what.

Through the Years (sing with me now..)
Iya: "We've been waiting for this hon, and we made it through 9 wonderful years. It's ridiculous, I love you so much."

9 years. Wow. I mean, they saw each other through milestones and still, they were there for each other. They saw each other through the lowest of lows and the highest of highs, and still, they made it through!

There is so much history that could help with the foundation of their married lives now. Just wow. Did I already say wow? Last na, WOW.

The G-Factor
Iya: "Count on me to show you what more we can be with God's love and His blessings, you know He is a good God but He has blessed us with each other. We've been waiting for this hon, we're here na!"

And of course, the most solid foundation that anyone could build in a marriage is to build it where God is at the center. :)

So there! Congrats to them both! :) #feelingfriend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.