Skip to main content

Read Faves: This is a Love Story

Hey! :) It's been two weeks! Anyway sorry for the short lull period with this blog, but I haven't lost interest on the written word, I have just been reading more than writing lately. Yaaay!

So I finished my first book for the year yesterday! Kawawa! Hellow! July na po diba. Ohwells, but I am glad I finally gave in to the e-books mania and started stocking up my digital shelves, thanks to friends who are ever-so-willing to send me their reading lists :)

So what book was it? Spotlight please:






Jessica Thompson's "This is a Love Story"!

Just how cheesy can its title be, right? It actually reminds me of the movie, "500 days of Summer" wherein the narrator started with "This is a story about love, but this is not a love story" with that deep, mysterious voice of his. But well, dear narrator, this book just totally told its readers the opposite... "This is a Love Story" with a short caveat at the bottom, "but not every story is the same."

I actually miss that caveat at first, and it was only after I finished the book that I saw it. I guess that was meant to keep the readers guessing on what exactly is this book about. I mean it's a love story... but maybe it's not? But anyway, you girls should read the book if it's making your curious too. As for me, I really liked it :) It is such an easy read and it reminded me of myself years ago when I was so idealistic about life and it does bring you more faith to the whole shebang of relationships and love --in all its forms.

I was telling my friend a week ago that I was avoiding these types of books for the past few months -- the cheesy-mushy kind because after the break up, I think it would help me. (I am well aware that I am becoming quite personal here) but reading it is actually more healing than I thought. I guess because at the core, I am such a freakin' romantic and avoiding it is just the same as tucking away a part of myself somewhere safe until I am completely okay again.

But even though it is a fiction, it does rekindle that part of me... and it's making me believe in love once again. Because I know it will happen at the right time.

It's like facing the sitch head-on and it's a good outlet and a release. :)

Suffice to say, I am going back to what I love doing and I am even shaping up my bucket list this year! I am six months late, but I am happy with the freedom and the openness of the future with all its possibilities.

... And part of that bucket list is to continue developing my love for words -- balancing reading and writing it. :)

So with that, happy Sunday everyone! Write soon, mwah mwah tsup tsup!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday: Be the Man You Want to Marry

Throwback Thursday! Words edition :) I wrote this post almost two years ago, I've had 3 blogs for the past four years so my ramblings and thoughts have been tucked away in three different places in the digital space. Reminds me of Voldemort and how he hid his soul to 7 different objects. Nerd alert! Hehe! So here it is, my realizations as far as marrying is concerned, when I was 23 years old:

Bridal Shower Ideas

Hey pretty ladies! Throwing a bridal shower for your dear friend soon? Here are some ideas that you may want to explore :)

Book Fave: Soul-Keeping at 21 Weeks

Hello! My ballooning tummy says hi at 21 weeks!  Whoa! Time really does fly!!! *gasp* I feel like I should be updating you guys more often, because this is such a becoming time, isn't it? Being a mother-in-the-making... but a lot of things are happening and I haven't told you guys that I actually was on bedrest on my first trimester for almost 3 weeks and I just got back to work from yet-another bedrest last week (during my 2nd trimester) because I had spotting.